Our highly trained Practice Nurses are available to give advice about health problems and prevention of illness. Please make an appointment with the Nurse for:
- flu vaccinations and other injections
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Health screening checks
- Dietary advice
- Family planning
- Family planning advice and cervical smears
- Child developmental checks and immunisation
- Holiday and travel immunisation and advice
We employ four Nurse Practitioners at the practice. It may be that the reception team offer you an appointment with a Nurse Practitioner when there are no available doctor appointments to offer. The Nurse Practitioners are highly trained to treat a variety of illnesses and can issue prescriptions to help treat symptoms.
Health care teams
We co-operate fully with Community Nurses, Health Visitors, Community Psychiatric Nurses, Chiropodists, Physiotherapists, Social Workers, Midwives and others to achieve individual plans for our patients’ care.
Insurance Reports & Medical Examinations
These are not part of our NHS work and therefore a fee is normally charged in accordance with British Medical Association guidelines.
Specialised services offered
We aim to provide a good range of high quality health care services from within our practice premises, including:
- Clinics for asthma, diabetes, warfarin management and hypertension and heart disease.
- Minor operations and cryotherapy (freezing with liquid nitrogen)
- Ante-natal and postnatal care
- Heart disease prevention programme
- Well woman checks including smears and HRT
- Counselling/CBT/couple therapy
All the partners provide contraceptive services, including the emergency contraception “the morning after pill”.